Saturday, June 6, 2009

The legend of little stones

Ds loves Cub Scouts. It gives him a chance to be a silly, rowdy, crazy boy in the midst of other silly, rowdy, crazy boys -which is something he especially needs since we started homeschooling this year. His last Pack Meeting was his night to shine. Not only did they have a fun Rain Gutter Regatta, he received three more belt loops, a Golden Spoon gift certificate for having his Quality Unit patch sewn on (thanks to my last-minute badge applying skillz,) a raffle prize of $5 for being in uniform, and he had the privilege of delivering the punch line in the den skit. What could be better than that for an active, clowning, attention-loving boy? For your enjoyment, the skit: Indian Brave is waiting center stage for little Indians to arrive for Brave School. First indian arrives. Brave: What is your name, little Indian? Scout #1: My name is Running Duck. Brave: Running Duck, why are you late for first day of Brave School? You will never be a big brave like me if you are always late. Scout #1: Sorry, Big Brave. I was throwing little stones in the raging river.(next scout runs in.) Brave: What is your name, little Indian? Scout #2: My name is Slender Trees. Brave: Slender Trees, why are you late for first day of Brave School? You will never be a big brave like me if you are always late. Scout #2: Sorry, Big Brave. I was throwing little stones at the birds in the trees.(next scout runs in.) Brave: What is your name, little Indian? Scout #3: My name is Tiny Bear. Brave: Tiny Bear, why are you late for first day of Brave School? You will never be a big brave like me if you are always late. Scout #3: Sorry, Big Brave. I was throwing little stones off the tall cliff.(repeat for all scouts, each making up a name and where they were throwing little stones...)(last scout comes stumbling in battered and bruised and in pain.) Brave: What is your name, little Indian? Last One: My name is Little Stones.

6 comments:

taffi said...

oh, I love Cub scouts & skits! yay for your DS being the 'hit' of the play... :giggle:

mindyluwho said...

What a cute face!

mindyluwho said...

His missing top teeth surely add to the dramatic effect!

Maxmomma said...

LOL! That is great! I love the accompanying picture- it really sets the stage!

Company EIGHT said...

LOL, I love it! And the grin on his face in that pic is priceless! Gotta love Scouts!

Andy and Jenni said...

I'm not even sure how I ended up on your site, but I discovered your I Spy bags and would love to order one - not picky, but it'd be for a little girl. Would you please e-mail me, if you're still selling them? jbetz1383@wideopenwest.com
Thanks!